Saturday, February 26, 2011

The World's Largest Skating Rink


















There are many places in Ottawa that the whole family can have fun time together. One of them is Rideau Canal. In winter time it turns into a skateway, the world’s largest skating rink. One can skate through the heart of downtown Ottawa on the Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Skateway is 7.8 kilometres long, and begins just steps from Canada’s Parliament Buildings. I love walking along the canal and "on" the canal, watching people gliding their way through.

More of my Rideau Canal photos can be seen here: http://lazynui.multiply.com/photos/album/48

4 comments:

  1. I've heard about the Rideau Canal but only seen it briefly on the news, thanks so much for the slideshow, looks like you guys had fun! I'm curious how this looks in the summer. Nui do you skate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Novi, I do but not very good at it though. I just don't mind falling all the time. ;) Our skates are still packed in Munich, so no skate yet this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can skate but I'm ashamed to say I have never skated on the Rideau Canala!

    Every year I want to go, and then I realize renting skates is stupid considering how expensive it is. I always promise myself to buy my own and I never do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed! We wanted to rent but after seeing what they offered, we better wait for our skates to arrive.

    ReplyDelete